We’re hosting an online Summer Music School, brought to you by senior DaCapo teachers and the wonderful musicians from Fantasia Orchestra, with special creative input from a chef and an artist!
Despite everything that’s going on, it’s important that we keep learning, keep having fun and keep connecting together as families. So, we’ve created a unique opportunity for families to learn together, have fun and be part of something special this summer.
Running throughout August our Summer Music School is the ideal way to keep children and teens entertained this Summer. A varied and flexible programme of music lessons, art workshops and creative cooking sessions that you can do whenever you choose. Dip in and out of the family-friendly activities between trips to the park and the ice-cream parlour.
The point of the Summer School is not lots of screentime. The lessons and workshops are short, serving as prompts and guidance for offline offline-learning rather than lots of time online.
Flexible to meet your needs and your timetable
The learning programme includes lessons and workshops for all ages, abilities and instruments so there is something for all members of the family, and we've got some special things planned that parents can enjoy with the children too.
To give maximum flexibility most of the lessons and activities will happen through video tutorials that you can do when you choose. However we'll also host some live workshops via Zoom that will let us connect, share ideas and learn together. All lessons, workshops and activities are completely optional - do as much or as little as you like. We've kept the prices really affordable so
The event's theme is chocolate
Because we could all do with a dose of dopamine-releasing pleasure at the moment, the theme of the event is chocolate! With beautiful and clever lyrics written by Tracy, our in-house writer, the songs explore the politics as well as the pleasure, of our favourite tasty treat. The songs were a roaring success with DaCapo students when we first used them for our Summer School in 2015.
A Music School with a twist. Don't let the creativity stop with music.
Music won’t be the only thing we’re learning. To compliment the creativity and learning the programme also includes weekly art workshops run by successful Kent-based artist Cathy McClymont and cooking lessons run by chef Ben Garcia.
Each week the art lessons will explore a different technique, using activities that can easily be done from home, while the cooking lessons will allow students to get creative making some delicious chocolate-themed recipes.
Why should you join in?
- Suitable for all ages, instruments and abilities
- Modules for early years / infants / juniors / secondary / adults
- Option for the whole family to take the courses together
- Vocal and/or instrumental courses available – flexible to your needs
- Weekly video tutorials to complete in your own time
- Weekly live zoom workshops
- Weekly art, baking and composition modules
- Flexible packages to suit your family needs and budget
- Expertly prepared filmed lessons and activities: weekly singing sessions, instrumental sessions, art sessions and cooking lessons (depending on the package you choose)
- Weekly zoom workshops – a chance to come together, connect, ask questions, share ideas
- Online support from experienced and inspirational teachers
- Beautiful instrumental accompaniments from Fantasia Orchestra members
- Downloadable lyrics and parts
- A professionally recorded MP3 of the music you’re learning
- A keepsake photo book posted to you at the end of the course
- Optional 1:1 lessons (extra fee) to support the learning
- A closing ‘party’ where children can share their creations and stories
Praise for previous DaCapo Summer Schools
DaCapo has run many Summer Schools which have always been popular and highly praised by students and families. Though this year's Summer School will be a little different we think it will still be as enjoyable!
Summer schools are a great way to keep kids entertained, to keep music-making going throughout the holidays and to help prompt some family-focused fun over the holidays.
Parent of a DaCapo Saturday Centre student.
*Bookings are open now*
Book below or contact us for more information.
Because we are creating lessons for a range of ages and abilities, once we receive your booking we'll contact you with a short form to complete, which will help us to prepare the appropriate lessons and content for you.