Music Teacher Training opportunity - grants available
We're looking for VIOLIN BRASS WOODWIND and GUITAR teachers to complete a ONE YEAR PLACEMENT - Sept 2019 - July 2020 - with an offer of an ongoing teaching position on successful completion of the DaCapo Initial Certificate.
A grant of £1500 for the year is available to successful applicants.
Deadline to apply: 31st May
This is an opportunity for musicians who have a real interest in training how to be excellent teachers. The course works with Kodaly and Eurythmics principles and a teaching method based on play. It will equip you to be a well prepared music teacher who puts enjoyment at the heart of every lesson.
The course includes:
• 4 full days of training towards the DaCapo Initial Certificate (weekday - dates to be confirmed)
• The DaCapo Teachers’ Convention with follow up tasks and reading
• One assessment each term
• A personal mentor who will help you to keep up with training, assessments and trouble shooting.
• A number of individual pupils to teach. Mentors will help with lesson planning and aims and objectives and support as needed.
• Opportunities to assist, work with and observe Senior DaCapo teachers in ensembles
"The DaCapo approach has opened up new avenues with my music teaching, making it easier to communicate musical ideas intuitively. I've become a better teacher and a better student and found it such an enjoyable way to learn music".
Tom Morley, trainee teacher 2018-19.
Successful applicants will need to commit to:
Training takes place on Saturdays and up to 10 weekdays across the year.
• 30 Saturdays over the next academic year (there can be flexibility over a couple of dates if needed as we recognise that things happen!). Dates attached.
• Attendance at all training sessions (weekday - dates to be confirmed)
• Ongoing open communication with mentors and trainers.
The teaching and training will take place at our centre at Wren Academy, North Finchley, N12 9HB
To apply: send an email expressing interest and a little information about yourself to Michelle Groves at [email protected]
For any queries - please call Michelle on 07595 367194
Deadline: 31st May